Welcome to Junior Year! Throughout the year I will be sending emails to your school emails with some important updates, events and information to help you plan for after graduation. Below you will find some general information to get this year started!
College and Career Planning
*If you are planning to attend a college or university, I encourage you to make a list of schools you are interested in. Some schools will have an early application deadline that is fast approaching.
- Research careers and colleges on Naviance (found on your MyStudent Dashboard)
- SUS Matrix HERE. This document will give you entrance requirements for State University’s
- Take the SAT and ACT (see your counselors for a waiver if you qualify for free or reduced lunch)
- Start thinking about who you will request a letter of recommendation from.
- Create a resume.
College Night- September 28, 2023 from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. This event will be at KTech
Bright Futures Requirements
- Application opens October 1st of your senior year
- Register for the SAT or ACT again if you need to meet requirement scores.
- Bright Futures will now accept a combination of 100 work hours and community service hours to meet requirements.
Scholarships- It’s never too early to start a scholarship search
- BigFuture Scholarship (https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/bigfuture-scholarships)
- Pasco School’s Scholarship Site (https://studentscholarships.org/newsletters)
- Scholarship search (www.fastweb.com)
- Voice of Democracy Scholarship. Review website and see Mrs. Ludington for more information (https://www.vfw.org/community/youth-and-education/youth-scholarships)
Lunchroom Visits- Throughout the year, a variety of colleges, employers, and military personnel will be represented in the cafeteria during lunch. Feel free to meet with them for information.
· US Coast Guard- September 14, 2023 and September 28, 2023
· St. Leo University- October 6, 2023
· Keiser University – November 9, 2023
– Community Service Form– Tracks community service hours
– Work Hours Form– Tracks work hours for Bright Futures
– Brag Sheet– Used to request a letter of recommendation