Important Information for Parents
School Advisory Council
Wendell Krinn Technical High School
2019-20 Parent Involvement Plan
Wendell Krinn Technical High School believes parents are the key to the educational success of their student. We see parents as a valuable resource in developing the most effective educational plan for each student. As a school, we strive to be a part of the community and a place where parents are always welcome. We recognize the need to work with parents and families to accomplish our goals of academic achievement and personal growth for each student.
Title 1 Parents/Guardians
Wendell Krinn Technical High School will involve parents in the development of the Title I plan and the process of school review and improvement.
- Parents will be provided information to access to the School Public Accountability Report (SPAR), any other school performance data and assistance with interpreting their child’s individual assessment results.
- Parents will be provided a description and explanation of the curriculum and standards used at the school, the forms of assessment used to measure student progress, and the proficient levels students are expected to meet.
- Parents will be invited and encouraged to meet with their student’s teachers, attend monthly SAC meetings to offer suggestions, share experiences and to participate in decisions related to the education of their student.
- Parents are encouraged to visit the WKTHS parent resource center located in the Career Resource Center and Student Success Center in the Guidance office.
- Florida offers a Parental Information and Resource Centers, please call 1-866-775-8661
Parent Involvement Opportunities
Wendell Krinn Technical High School supports parent involvement in a variety of ways as we strive to develop and maintain a quality learning environment for all students.
- Parents will be encouraged to contribute to their student’s education by providing a supportive home environment.
- Parent workshops will be offered to assist parents with providing a supportive home environment; sessions will be offered on flexible days and time to the extend possible.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer and attend school events at Wendell Krinn Technical High School.
- Parents are invited to participate in parent/teacher conferences.
- Parents are encouraged to complete school surveys that help to determine school needs and offerings.
Parents/guardians will be informed of school activities through various types of communications throughout the school year. Wendell Krinn Technical High School’s staff will maintain a record of all parent contacts each year. Some of the types of communications to be used include:
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
Annual Open House/Quarterly Parent University Events
Weekly School Messenger Calls
School Webpage with Parent Information Link
myStudent communication (attendance and grades)
The School Advisory Council (SAC) will review the Parent Involvement Plan, the school’s parent programs and the School and Home Compact annually. Parents have the right to submit concerns related to this parent involvement plan to the principal. This document will be made available to parents annually. Si necisita ayuda para entender esta informacion, por favor contact a su escuela.